Monday, July 30, 2012

Psalm 4


Psalm 4

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.

1 Answer me when I call to you,
    my righteous God.
Give me relief from my distress; 
    have mercy on me and hear my prayer.
2 How long will you people turn my glory into shame? 
    How long will you love delusions and seek false gods? 
3 Know that the Lord has set apart his faithful servant for himself;
    the Lord hears when I call to him.
4 Tremble and do not sin; 
    when you are on your beds, 
    search your hearts and be silent.
5 Offer the sacrifices of the righteous
    and trust in the Lord.
6 Many, Lord, are asking, “Who will bring us prosperity?”
    Let the light of your face shine on us. 
7 Fill my heart with joy 
    when their grain and new wine abound.
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep, 
    for you alone, Lord,
    make me dwell in safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment